According to Alix here's the scoop: The Premios Dardo Award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day.
Here are the instructions that came with this award:
STEP 1: Respond and rework. Answer the following questions on my blog, replacing one question that I dislike with a question of my own invention.
STEP 2: Add one more question of my own.
STEP 3: Tag eight other bloggers.
1) What is your favorite day of the week? I would have to say Saturday, because I can make plans without the rush of weekday things.
2) What is your biggest fear? That is a tough one, not much I am afraid of. I guess I would have to say Alzheimer's disease. I worked in an assisted living home for a few years and seen a lot of it, then I took care of my own grandmother and watched what it did to her. That was tough. I worked in that type of job long enough to know that no matter a person's life or background, rich or poor when we get to that part of our lives the most important thing is our family and our memories. Alzheimer's disease robs a person of their memories and so much more. I can't imagine anything worse.
3) What was your worst subject in school? Math! I am still terrible at it.
4) Who did you hug last? Icy the goat, you can laugh if you want but I couldn't help it. Besides the fact she is such a sweetheart of a pet, she has this unbelievable super soft, fluffy winter hair. She is the only goat on the farm like that, I don't know if her mom had something on the side with the Snuggle fabric softener bear or what, but Icy has some huggable hair.
5) What websites do you visit when you go online? Some homestead type blogs and a few yahoo groups.
6) What was the last item that you bought? The last thing I spent money on was some square bales of alfalfa and prairie hay.
7) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? I am quite happy at home, but if I could go anywhere, I have always wanted to visit Australia. I would like to visit Vermont again someday.
8) If you woke up tomorrow and were the opposite sex what is the first thing you would do and why? I do not know! I like being a woman. I guess I would hang around other guys and see what you all really talk about when no women are around.
9) Has a celebrity's hair cut ever influenced your own hairstyle? As a teenager, I wished my hair to look like Doro Pesche, the lead singer of the band Warlock. I grew it and my bangs out that long. Eventually I got tired of taking care of it and cut it shorter, but I still think she has the most awesome hair ever.
10) What was the last movie you watched? Fried Green Tomatoes. It is one of my favorites.
12) If you had a whole day to yourself with no work, commitments, or interruptions, what would you do? I would spend time with my animals and read a good book, uninterrupted.
13) If you were to win the Powerball, what would you do with the money (besides invest it)? The first thing I would do is pay off all our debts. It would also be great to have the money to help my family out and donate to some favorite charities. I would also buy a tractor and all the machinery needed to bale our own hay pastures.
14) In your opinion, who is the most significant person in history and why? Tough question! MLK is the first person that came to my mind, but really how does a person just narrow it down to one individual.
15) If you had a choice of places to live, where would it be? I can't think of a place I would rather live than Kansas.
Now, in keeping with the rules of this award...I need to pass this award on to a few deserving people with great blogs.